The Supervisor's "Look Down" Utility
V 1.0 - 2-14-11 DMc
Enabling higher-level supervisors with a means to be better informed about the "talent stewardship" of all supervisors who report to them, ... through the automated "downward" access and inspection of all rpDashboards (and their QR Snapshots within) that are existing in their reporting hierarchy at any level.
1. What is the "Look Down" Utility?
There is a need for those supervisors having subordinate supervisors to be able to “look down” within the rpPaq system to access, view and peruse the information residing within the rpDashboards of all of their subordinate supervisors.
- The primary reason is to inspect the specific quality conditions of the relationships that subordinate supervisors have in place with each worker placed in their respective care and accountability. Greater assurance of high-quality relationships by supervisor monitoring and applicable compliance oversight is the primary purpose of the "Look Down" utility.
- This feature is automatically configured and administered. It is based upon reporting structures within rpPaq, more specifically, as "I report to" and "this person reports to me" information is entered and configured when QR relationships are established or modified.
- The Look Down utility offers "continuous" downward viewing of rpDashboards. That is, all rpDashboards of those supervisors who are in "downward hierarchal relationships" are accessible and viewable. Continuous viewing enables any higher level supervisors to look "into" and "pass through" rpDashboards downward and sequentially through all reporting layers to the lowest layer of supervision within their reporting hierarchy. For example, a CEO can look downward across the many layers of all supervisors who are reporting upward to her/him to view the rpDashboards of any and all supervisors throughout the organization.
- This feature is one-way only or "downward" only. There is no upward access or "look up" into rpDashboards above oneself.
- All Look Down views are real time, thus provide a display of the respective rpDashboards at the moment of the viewing only.
- The Look Down feature only extends into supervisors' dashboards (those who have "reports to me" relationships), thus does not provide access and viewing into any worker's dashboard who is not a supervisor.
- The Look Down view permits viewing only (aka: "read only" functionality), thus no information can be entered or modified by users who are in a Look Down mode or window.
2. Using the Look Down utility to view the rpDashboard of a supervisor who is in a direct-reporting relationship with you.
Once the Leader or supervisor has logged into their rpDashboard, any relationship with a person who is in the "with my direct reports" area, and who themselves also have supervisory relationships presently existing within their own rpDashboard, will have their names highlighted as a hyperlink.
- By clicking on that supervisor’s name (a highlighted hyperlink) you will be presented with a new window that provides a view of that supervisor's current rpDashboard.
- Once within this window, you can review the QRSnapshots for any and all worker relationships within that rpDashboard. Accordingly you are able to open each person's QRSnapshot to inspect the specific quality conditions of the relationship as shown by the QRSnapshot.
- To exit this Look Down view, simply close its window.
3. Using the Look Down "continuous" utility to view rpDashboards residing below, and beyond, your direct-reporting supervisor relationships.
While within any Look Down view (window) of any supervisor's rpDashboard, again all persons in the "with my direct reports" relationships area, and who also have their own supervisory relationships, will also have their names shown as highlighted hyperlinks.
- Once again, by clicking on any supervisor's highlighted, hyperlinked name, yet another new view of that supervisor's rpDashboard will be shown (shown within another new window view).
- Once more, when within this window, you can review the QRSnapshots for any and all worker relationships within that rpDashboard. Accordingly you are able to open each person's QRSnapshot to inspect the specific quality conditions of the relationship as shown by the QRSnapshot.
- Once more, to exit this, or any, Look Down view, simply close the specific window of that view.
Continuous Look Down viewing can be repeated downwardly, supervisor-to-supervisor, and "view by view" by repeating this step.
G E N E R A L T A L E N T LLC All rights reserved 2011 Patents & patents pending. License required for any usage or applications.